Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review: Addicted for Now by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Addicted for Now (Addicted, #2)Addicted for Now by Krista & Becca Ritchie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Noooooooo!!!! I literally screamed that out loud when I reached the last page of this book. One word: EPIC. I did not want this story to end!! I even took my time reading it so that I didn’t breeze through it in one day. It’s going to be a loooooong wait for Kiss the Sky and Hothouse Flower.

I am completely obsessed with this series! I've been trying to get others to read this because it's unlike any of the other NAs I've read...no typical bad boy meets virgin and falls instantly in love with her. I love best friends turned lovers...and the love in this one is deep-seated. No insta-love here. I've seen a lot of people hate it because there's a lot of focus on their addictions and the authors don't sugar coat any of it or scale it back to make it more appealing. It's honest, raw, intense, and gut-wrenching. I like that it's real. I mean...people actually do suffer these addictions and nothing about it is pretty. But in the midst of all that dark and ugly world, out comes these two who are totally drowning and can't realize that they actually love each other so much more than their vice.

I’m a huge fan of Krista & Becca Ritchie. They are geniuses! This story is wonderfully written. They make you want to know more about the other characters. The dynamic between all 6 characters, the way they interact with each other and play off each other...I think the authors did an amazing job at writing such a complex story. Shit, I would religiously tune into this show every night if it were a TV series. I feel so much like a part of their life.

Before reading the first book, Addicted to You, I had different expectations based on the synopsis. There are some misconceptions about this series and I think the major one is that this is erotica because of the whole sex addiction issue. Addicted to You and Ricochet do not have explicit sex scenes. However, it does get progressively more explicit in Addicted for Now as Lily becomes more open and less ashamed of the subject.

Another misconception (that I am guilty of) is that this is a romance novel about 2 people who are addicts. Well, Krista & Becca put that one to rest in one of their interviews. In Krista's words, "This is a book about addiction with a romance. What I mean is that we didn’t throw addiction into the book as an afterthought or a ploy to sell more books. It’s a book about addiction and there just so happens to be a love story involved." --> Whole interview can be found here

It's very real and doesn't downplay their addiction at all. In fact, it takes you inside their mind and lets you see how it completely consumes their life. Female sex addiction is not something you hear about everyday (hell, I don't really even hear about male sex addicts), so this series brings something out of the ordinary to the table.

What really drew me into the story and what drives me crazy (yep, totally playing Britney Spears' song in my head right now) about this series is Lil and Lo's deep-seated, unconditional love for one another. They've been best friends since childhood, they're each other's confidants, they know each other's dirtiest secrets and yet they still have this undying love for one another… it all just makes my heart ache and beat so hard that it feels like it's going to pump right out of my chest. I love how this story just captures me whole. Lil and Lo's most intimate moments make me cry. Intense! I want a love like that.

They don’t catch any breaks in Addicted for Now. Talk about dysfunctional families…geez. That’s probably an understatement. You can see how broken everyone is; not just Lil and Lo. There was a point in the story that my heart was just torn out of my chest for Lo. OMG talk about heart-wrenching pain.

And I just love all the supporting characters!

Rose and Connor....

"They belong together the way books fit in a library."


Seriously. So cannot wait for Kiss the Sky! I desperately need to know what's going on inside Rose's and Connor's head! I’m also looking forward to what’s in store for Daisy and Ryke. Guess I'll just have to wait 2-3 more months to find out!

And gosh the way Ryke and Lo fight. That’s some brotherly love.

When I heard that this book was going to be over 400 pages long, I thought “YES! It will probably leave me completely satisfied.” But nope. It just left me wanting more. Seriously! What the hell!? This book is JUST THAT GOOD! I am completely consumed by the Addicted Series. If there was any way I could give this 7 stars, I would!

description

There are some totally unexpected events that happen in this story. The new therapist…wow. Totally way beyond effed up!!!!! And the leak…OMFG.

description

I’ve learned that there are 3 phases to this story line. So, if you’re one of those people who like to wait until all the books in the series are out before you start reading it, Addicted for Now completes the first phase in the story line. There are no cliffhangers at the end of Addicted for Now. The second phase contains the 2 spin offs: Kiss the Sky and Hothouse Flower, which are due to be released in January and February 2014, respectively. Then, the third phase ends with Thrive and Addicted After All, which are both due to be released sometime in 2014.

So what are you waiting for? Start reading the series if you haven’t yet! :)

For My Review of Addicted to You (Addicted #1)
For My Review of Ricochet (Addicted #1.5)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment