Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My Review: Some Kind of Perfect (Calloway Sisters #4.5) by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Some Kind of Perfect (Calloway Sisters, #4.5; Addicted, #3.5)Some Kind of Perfect by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this epilogue book!! Now, before you go diving into it, please take note that this is no ordinary epilogue. By that, I mean this is one gigantic book that is about 700 pages long (not quite sure of the exact page count yet since the paperback isn’t released). To me, it’s like a huge Addicted Series bonus material, only I get to keep it on my shelf in book form :D. It is 100% character driven with no central conflict. It’s what you would expect in an epilogue only it spans a period of 10 years (between the time that Long Way Down ended to the Long Way Down epilogue), contains 6 POVs, and it serves as: 1) a conclusion to the Addicted Series; 2) all the questions you ever wanted answered about what happened to the core 6 characters are probably contained in this book; 3) you get to witness the next generation of kids being born and growing up; and 4) it’s a great transition to the Like Us series which features the Addicted kids all grown up. Do you have to read Some Kind of Perfect? No. Let me reiterate. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK. I would say that this book is really meant for all the hard-core, devoted fans of the Addicted Series who just can’t seem to get enough of their beloved characters. As Krista and Becca Ritchie clearly pointed out before releasing this book, you can read Long Way Down and the epilogue at the end of that book. Long Way Down ’s epilogue was put in place for anyone who doesn’t want to read Some Kind of Perfect and still have a sense of closure. Some Kind of Perfect just simply gives you more.”

If you’re one of the hard-core, devoted fans of the series, you don’t want to miss out on this perfect epilogue! I think that you will absolutely love this book because you get to read LiLo’s, Coballoway’s, and Raisy’s POV one last time and see them as parents. Witness each of them still working through their challenges, and get introduced to different challenges as parents. It was truly marvelous to witness how much they’ve grown and how far they’ve come, and how much they’ve overcome.


The past can’t drag me under.
I relive the better parts that are intertwined with bad. Because I look back and think, Christ, we were so goddamn fragile.
Look how far we’ve come.
Look at us now.

You will also get to read about Willow and Garrison. Their scenes are so much fun to read and I can’t wait for the next chapters of Whatever It Takes to be released! There are so many heartwarming moments and I laughed in every single chapter for about the first 35% of the book. After that, it was a mix of emotions. There will be lots of tears shed. LOTS. Crocodile tears. Especially if you hate goodbyes. You’ll witness some of the trials and tribulations that the core 6 and their children will face and it makes me thrilled and anxious to read the Like Us series.

Truly magnificent. THANK YOU KRISTA & BECCA for gifting us fans this one final Addicted book to satisfy our cravings!!

-------------------
Sharing Lanie's amazing Fan Made Book Trailer on Some Kind of Perfect

My Reviews On:
Addicted to You (Fan Made Book Trailer)
Ricochet
Addicted for Now
Kiss the Sky (Fan Made Princesses of Philly Commercial)
Hothouse Flower (Fan Made Book Trailer)
Thrive
Addicted After All
Fuel the Fire
Long Way Down

Check out the Addicted Series Trailer
My own Fan Made Videos

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment