Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Review: Whatever It Takes (Bad Reputation Duet, #1)

Whatever It Takes (Bad Reputation Duet, #1)Whatever It Takes by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

❤️ An ARC was provided by the authors. ❤️

I can’t wrap my head around how awesome this book is and maybe I’m a bit biased because I literally waited years for this story. Willow and Garrison were first introduced in 2014 in Addicted After All (book 3 in the Addicted Series) and I’ve been hooked ever since! (Side note: we actually meet Willow in Addicted for Now, book 2 in the Addicted Series). I needed their story like I need air!!! My initial reaction below still stands – my entire life I’ve been waiting for this moment. I’m the happiest person on earth right now.
WIT Tin Can Comms
Quick note: if you’ve read the web series and loved it, you’ll be happy to know that most of Parts 1 and 2 made it into Whatever It Takes. There were some deviations and changes, but nothing major. I will add that without Parts 3 and 4, we don’t get a lot of insight on Garrison, so you won’t see all of his struggles from his POV. This paints a different picture and really gives him more of the “troubled, misunderstood, bad boy persona.” This book does end on a cliffhanger but thankfully, book 2 releases soon after this one. I can’t wait till book 2 is released so I can get all of my questions answered and to hopefully tie it all together.

Willow and Garrison are so precious. They are an unlikely pair: she’s the good girl - the shy wallflower, who’s never been kissed, and he’s the bad boy with a bad reputation; yet somehow, they work. The “us against the world” thing they’ve got going on is a little heartbreaking, but I love that they respect one another and how they care and look out for each other whenever the world takes a big dump on either one of them.

I relate to Willow so much it’s almost scary. I feel like her thoughts are my thoughts exactly, even down to her actions and reactions to situations. She is honestly the most relatable character for me and I absolutely LOVE her. Get ready for another emotional ride from the Ritchie sisters. This one will twist your heart and have you begging for more. I’m so excited for the release of this book and I’m glad that book 2, Wherever You Are, is releasing only a week after!



------- INITIAL REACTION - July 22, 2019 -------

I can't believe this is actually happening! I'm still wondering if I'll wake up and realize this was all a dream. Willow and Garrison's story started in the Addicted Series. In 2015, the authors were wonderful enough to give us more of their romance by giving us Willow and Garrison's web series. They started writing the web series and added to it when they had time. But then it stopped on Part Four in 2016 and they haven't added to it since. Little did we know that they actually finished not one, but TWO full length novels on Willow and Garrison's story!!!! I'm still in shock. Somebody pinch me.

waiting for this moment

wit web series by KB

wit part 4 cover by KB


My Review of Wherever You Are

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment