Sunday, November 29, 2015

My Review: Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters #4) by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters, #4; Addicted, #3.2)Long Way Down by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reading this book took a lot longer than I expected. And it has nothing to do with the quality because good heavens, Krista & Becca Ritchie sure know how to pull on my heartstrings! It has more to do with the fact that it was just so heart-wrenching that I had to take a breather after almost every single chapter! I just could not believe how much Ryke and Daisy were suffering and it seemed like one bad thing after another just kept piling up on top of them. For every good day or good moment, they were given a moment twice as bad and my heart just ached so much for the both of them. It sucks for me because I'm going through a very tough and emotional time in my personal life as I'm reading this book, so I was literally crying after every other chapter. I almost couldn't bear seeing Ryke or Daisy go through any more crap and the whole time I kept wondering if it would ever end! I wanted so badly to just reach out and hold them both and tell them that everything will be alright! I kept hoping against all odds that they would finally get their happily ever after.

I've loved Daisy and Ryke from the beginning but this book made me love Daisy even more. Her strength, perseverance, and selfless attitude is truly amazing even in the face of adversity!! She gives hope even when it feels like all hope is lost and I think Daisy's mom, Samantha, truly nailed it in her "public apology" (one of my favorite parts and absolute highlights in this book) about why Daisy and Ryke just fit together. They are made for each other. I don't believe anyone else can understand Ryke more than Daisy and vice versa.

theory

And I just love, love, LOVE how Daisy keeps on going! After finding out how traumatized she was in Hothouse Flower and how it affected her everyday life, I can't help but feel angry that she never seems to catch a break. She's been treated like an object instead of a person since she was 14 years old, the people she considered her best friends betrayed her, the actions of complete strangers towards her completely screwed up her sense of security, and her whole life she's always felt left out because of the age gap between her and her older sisters. She was completely and utterly alone until she met Ryke! Then we're hit with more bad news towards the end of Fuel the Fire, and midway through Long Way Down I seriously wanted to just scream out loud!!! For Daisy. For Ryke. For everything that just keeps going wrong, I wanted to make right. Without spoiling anything for anyone who hasn't read the story, I can say that I am completely satisfied with how the book ended. My heart still hurts, but I'm left happy and excited, and definitely looking forward to the epilogue book, Some Kind of Perfect, and the Like Us series. And holy crap the epilogue in Long Way Down!

the feels

With Long Way Down being the last (er, next to the last) book in the Addicted series, it feels like it's marking the end of an era. I've been following this series ever since before Addicted for Now was released and the core six characters feel like my lifelong friends. Now, we also have Willow and Garrison added to the mix and I can't wait to read more about them in Krista & Becca's web series, Whatever It Takes!

I love that Krista & Becca tackled the issue of addiction with Lily and Lo's story, then gender equality and media bias (among lots of other issues) with Rose and Connor, and now depression and PTSD with Ryke and Daisy. Krista & Becca Ritchie will forever be my heroes for being true to themselves, being down to earth and such a pleasure to talk to, and for always, always writing what's in their heart. They will remain my #1 favorites and I will read anything and everything they write!


======= INITIAL REACTION: APRIL 30, 2014 =======

Oh god oh god oh god!!!

so excited

lwd edit

-------------------
My Reviews On:
Addicted to You (Fan Made Book Trailer)
Ricochet
Addicted for Now
Kiss the Sky (Fan Made Princesses of Philly Commercial)
Hothouse Flower (Fan Made Book Trailer)
Thrive
Addicted After All
Fuel the Fire

Check out the Addicted Series Trailer
My own Fan Made Videos

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment